Aluminum Storm Door
When most people think of storm doors, they think of the old-fashioned, bulky models made from wood and metal. While these traditional storm doors offer some benefits, such as protection from the wind and rain, they can also be quite heavy and difficult to open. Here’s what you need to know about aluminum storm doors and how they can benefit your home.
What Is a Storm Door?
Aluminum storm doors have been around for decades, however they have been gaining popularity in recent years. Made from lightweight aluminum, these doors are easy to open and close and come in a variety of styles and finishes so that you can choose the perfect one for your home. American Window & Door Co. offers a wide range of aluminum storm doors in many sizes, colors and styles.
What Are the Benefits of Aluminum Storm Doors?
Aluminum storm doors provide several benefits over traditional wood and metal models. Some of the most important benefits include:
- Tempered glass panels: Tempered safety glass is a code requirement in all doors and storm doors. It is harder to break but when it breaks, it doesn’t break into large dangerous shards like regular (annealed) glass.
- Increased storm protection: These doors are more secure than traditional wooden doors. With reinforced frames, heavy-duty dual point locks, and optional laminated glass, they can withstand even the toughest weather conditions and provide you with added peace of mind. If you need a door for more than just storm protection, our iron storm doors provide more security.
- Higher durability: Aluminum is a strong, long-lasting material that can withstand the elements. This makes aluminum storm doors a great choice if you live in a climate with high winds and rain. The main benefits of an aluminum storm door are:
- They do not rust like iron security storm doors
- They insulate and protect the door they cover from the elements
- They are available in venting models to allow for air flow when desired
- They come with a much better warranty than the iron & wood storm doors
These are only a few of the benefits that aluminum storm doors have to offer. Many models include retractable screens and expander panels for added seasonal ventilation and natural light. They also come in a range of colors and finishes so that you can customize your door to match the style of your home.
How to Maintain Your Storm Door
Keep your aluminum storm door looking its best by regularly cleaning the frame and glass with mild detergent. Additionally, it’s essential to inspect your door regularly to ensure all the locks and hinges are in working order. Check the weatherstripping and sealant around the edges of your door to ensure they are not cracked or damaged since this can let in drafts and moisture. For additional maintenance and care instructions: ProVia Door Cleaning & Maintenance
American Window & Door Co. is a leading window and door installation company in Memphis. Our doors offer superior protection from the elements while providing ventilation and natural light to your home. We also offer a wide range of design and customization options to ensure you find the perfect door for your home.